Saturday 24 July 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award.

I am absolutely, as they say over here in Britian,  'chuffed to bits', which means, 'very pleased',  to have had the great honour and privilege of receiving the 'Versatile Blogger Award', from a most superb blogger and writer, 'Joylene Nowell Butler', author of the novel,  'Dead Witness'.  I would highly recommend that you check out Joylene's  informative, helpful and inspirational site at the following address: :  Joylene Nowell Butler.   You can also see what other bloggers Joylene nominated over at her excellent site.  




The Versatile Blogger Award comes with some rules.   
1. Thank those who were kind enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Present this honour onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen friends know I respect them.

Thank you very much, Joylene.   Your ongoing support and positive interaction via our blogs has been most appreciated.  For this, I am truly grateful.


Seven Things About Me.
1.  I was born in Chelsea, in the city of London, and also lived in Sutton, Banbury and Blackheath, England.     
2.  I moved to Vancouver, Canada, with my mother, when I was nine.  I lived in Vancouver until I was thirty four.
3.  I now live in Leek, Staffordshire, England but travel back to Vancouver as much as I can.
4.  I won a beer chugging contest and received a set of Bavarian cowbells as a highly coveted prize.
5.  I was guest singer at my grade seven graduation dance where I sang my own composition about our home room teacher.  The crowd cheered and I felt really good.
6.   I was the top student in my grade nine writing class, which included verbal presentations.  I had a mark of 97% for the year and received an A plus.  
7.    Yes it's true.  My blog, unbelievable I know, was featured on the B.B.C's radio 5 Live on a segment titled 'Pods and Blogs'.  I was interviewed and the broadcast was available around the world via the internet.  How ironic, a virtual recluse, sitting alone in his house, talking to the world.


In no particular order, here are fifteen bloggers that I visit.  You will note a wide diversity in the blogs that I check out.   I thank the following fifteen for their notable and worthy contribution to the wonderful world of blogging.   You can click on the links below to visit these sites.


1.   Lenny's World.   A most delightful read by a young blogger and highly recommended.  
2.   Sweetness and Light.  A transparent and empathetic blog.   Also a dear friend of mine.
3.   Along Life's Highway.   You like 'yard art'?  Then you would be advised to check this site.
4.   Inside the chicken coop.  A visual joy that conveys the ongoing adventures of a couple of chickens.
5.   Leek Daily Photo.   Stunning photographs of the area that I live.                          
6.   Count Sneaky's Journal.   A new discovery and a very clever read.
7.   Sex'n'Fries.   A very interactive blog run by Lizzie and Ellie. So much more than sex and fries.
8.   One Crazy Brunette Chick.    If you like loads of crude humour, then this is the site for you.
9.   Mama Still Wears Gucci.   'Gucci Mama' is an excellent writer with a wide range of writing styles.
10. The S.N.A.F.U. Report.   A funny, clever and food for thought blog.
11. The Buddhist Conservative.   A wise and thought provoking blog by my friend, Roger.
12.  My Positive Life.   This is very inspiring blog by a lady who embraces a positive life.
13.  Alcomum.   A well written and a highly thought provoking blog.
14.  OMYWORD! Did I Say That?   The ongoing tales of an American lady living in Paris, France.
15.  The Snee.  Very clever and witty.  I'm liking this site a whole lot.

So there you have it.  Fifteen bloggers that have been a pleasure to interact with.   I thank them for being such an integral part of this great blogging community.  Thanks again to Joylene Butler for bestowing this award upon me.  Joylene, you have my utmost respect and admiration.

17 comments:

  1. You are now a multi-award-winning blogger! Good on you.
    That looks like a really interesting list to check out which I will do (starting tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fidelina,
    I just this moment left a comment on your highly articulate site to get your butt over here.
    You know I think you are just the cutest gal. Enjoy your weekend, you beautiful fairy princess, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bazza,
    You might note the diversity in the blogs I visit.
    An excellent example of such deeply profound and thought provoking postings can be discovered via the 'fairy princess' who honoured me with, what a surprise, an Anglo Saxon derivative expletive.
    Thank you for your comment and I do hope you check out these blogs, yes, even Crazy Brunette's, who, by the way, worships me.
    Kind regards, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gary
    Congratulations for being given the Versatile Blogger Award, you certainly deserve it.
    I am thrilled to receive it too from yourself, and I can't wait to tell the hens! Hope it doesn't go to their heads!
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored to be in such good company, Gary. Thanks so much. Now I have to go visit everyone, including that girl who uses expletives. I like girls who use expletives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was eager to read about you, not surprised you did so well with literature and was fascinated by the cow bells story. Was sorely tempted to remove one from a cow's neck whilst in Austria, don't know how I would have taken it onto the plane... hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the accolades and the VB Award. I will try to live and be as versitile as possible in my blog, which is not getting any easier at my age. I will mention it to my grandsons who are both college students and can only tweet and watch tv, not read blogs.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Gary, you certainly deserve this award. Your blog is the epitome of versatility. You write about anything and everything... Which is great.

    By the way, ol' friend, do you still have those Bavarian cowbells?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a fascinating fellow, Gary, even more so than I thought. I'm glad to know you and hope one day our paths cross. Wouldn't that be a hoot. Take care always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diane,
    Thank you for your kind words. I was most flattered that one of my writing heroes, Joylene, bestowed such an honour upon my humble self.
    You and the hens were worthy recipients. We can only hope that they don't get too cocky with this coveted award:-)
    Kind wishes to you and those hens, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello OMYWORD!,
    You are indeed in illustrious company. I visit a wide range of blogs and my comments on those sites reflect the theme of the blogger.
    That gal who uses expletives knows how to get loads of followers. Just curse a lot and tell everyone how great you are. Now, why didn't I think of that..hmmm lol
    You are most welcome to have received this much cherished award.
    Au revoir pour maintenant, mon amie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole,
    I excelled in writing when I was a young lad. I have always had a fascination with writing from my own amateur and a bit of therapy angle.
    Would have been very interesting if you did get that cow bell and took it on the plane. Could have been a great way to get the flight attendant's attention:-)
    Congratulations on you also receiving this award from Joylene. It was most deserved.
    Hugs, your way, Gary x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings Count Sneaky,
    You are most welcome for the accolades and the VB award. I think your musings and the layout of your blog is most fascinating.
    I think you are doing a fine job and versatility is always good, no matter our age. I find the older I get, the zanier I get. I hope that's a good thing.
    So they 'tweet'. I hazard a guess, that between tweeting and watching TV, they check out the incredible excitement that is 'Farcebook'.
    Thank you. With respect, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kelly,
    Thank you for your kind words. We both like to variate our blogs. That's, as you know, why I find your blog so interesting.
    I will write about anything. Ones involving plays on words are the most fun to me.
    Yes, I still have the cow bells and I will upload a photo of my highly prized Bavarian cowbells. That beer chugging contest was a moment of glory. Yes sirree, all those months of training, paid off:-)
    Take care and thanks again. With respect, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joylene,
    Thank you for such kind words. It is truly an honour for me to interact with a thoroughly decent lady such as you.
    I hope that one day our paths shall indeed meet. Beautiful British Columbia beckons me. I heard a rumour there will be a surprise parade for me when I return. So much for a surprise, then lol
    Thanks again for the award.
    With respect, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your well-deserved Versatile Bloggers Award and thanks for writing things that make me laugh- the gnomes are very smile inducing! The Snee is rendered speechless, and excited that you included The Sometimes, Never Eventual Express Satire News Blog on your list! Maybe with your award it will keep this beginning blogger off of the web tracks shamelessly peddling her goods, and get her back in the business of news reporting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello 'The Snee',
    Thank you for your very nice compliment.
    It is my pleasure to include you on my list'. You were a great discovery and your blog is an absolute satirical delight.
    The 'wee folks' are most pleased in what you have noted and send you magical wishes:-)
    You keep going and promote yourself to your heart's content. Happy blogging and enjoy.
    With respect, Gary :-)

    ReplyDelete

I do try to comment back to each commenter individually. However, I might have to shorten my replies or give a group thank you. That way, I can spend more time commenting on your blogs. Thank you and peace, my friend.