Saturday, 29 January 2011
Read This And Puke.
'Hi there, yes it's me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star. Gary, or klahanie, is sitting staring at the computer. I've seen that look before. Something tells me that he's going to write one of his cringe-worthy, vomit-inducing, puke-fest postings. Oh well, let him get on with it. Maybe he wont notice I've typed this part out on his 'saved to draft' posting. Hee hee...Note my enthusiasm. I'm going back to sleep.'
Ah, tis been such a lovely day. A winter's day of glorious splendour that touched the very depths of my pure and joyous heart. And the birds they doth sing. 'Tweet, tweet...tweet, tweet....tweet, tweet...' The sun, the beautiful setting sun, casts rays of hope on a glowing pink horizon. What a wondrous day it's been and like the pretty little birds, my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams, float upwards and soar free, free to find the gifts of magic, beyond the milky way.
Behold, cast thine eyes upon the reminders of an autumn past, a summer long forgot and the gleeful anticipation of a spring yet to arrive. Do not worry, my magical little friends, for soon, very soon, the promise of spring and the buds of tranquillity, will burst forth in radiant beauty.
My garden, created for the love of nature. What an enchanting place, my garden is. A world where sorrows are set aside and dreams of better realities, fill my mind with happy thoughts. My garden, my sanctuary, an oasis in my desert of despair.
And what of the wayward garden gnome? Perhaps he has ended up on my bedroom ledge to marvel at the beauty of the soon to flourish, fuschia plant. Maybe, just maybe, his heart is pounding with playful thoughts, of those playful times, with the other 'wee folks', in the garden that beckons, beyond my front door.
And my clock. Ah yes, my clock. It ticks and it tocks, my very large clock. My clock says it's time to end this tale and look for the mouse that ran up my clock and down my clock.
In closing, I, shy, modest and oh so humble ME, has received the 'Stylish Blogger Award' from a gentleman whose informative and fascinating pictorial wildlife blog is a must read. John over at Hedgeland Tales I thank you kindly, good sir, for bestowing this award to me.
The terms of which I accept this prestigious award is to tell you about five of my favourite things. (Oh no, suddenly the soundtrack to the 'Sound of Music' came into my head). So, 'these are a few of my favourite things', well five of them.
1. I love to go for nice peaceful walks with Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star.
2. I love ice hockey and having lived in Canada, it's the 'law' to love ice hockey.
3. I enjoy the wonderful interaction between us all in the great blogging community.
4. I love our precious planet and all the wildlife we must remember to share with it.
5. I love my friends and family.
And now, I pass on the Stylish Blogger Award on to the following five, highly regarded, bloggers. Here I go, 'opens envelope' and the winners are......
1. Joylene over at One Moment At A Time On Cluculz Lake. A gifted published author and a darned nice lady. And she's Canadian eh.
2. TheraScribbles This remarkable blog is written with such honesty and candour. I would highly recommend you check out this new blogger and say 'hello'.
3. There is Something about Maria Maria writes poignant, positive and uplifting stories. Beautiful and powerful stuff.
4. The Curious Quest Questioning Questions Of The Inquisitive Sy, the writer of this intriguing blog, is definitely one to check out.
5. Soundoff This writer and a very dear friend of mine, writes inspirational, positive and powerful stories of turning negatives into positives. I would urge you to kindly check out Heather's thoughtful and deeply profound site.
Thank you and may you have a most peaceful and positive day.
Posted by Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! at 02:20