Thursday, 3 February 2011
A Life As Good As Mine.
I have had the great honour of receiving the 'Life is good' award by a kind and gentle man, who tells about his life living in the tropical rainforest at the foot of the Malaysian mountain range. Indeed, he writes wonderful, thoughtful stories, complimented with photographs of inspiration and love.
Now, there are certain requirements in accepting this award
1. Thank and put a link back to the person who so kindly gave this award.
Grandpa at Life on The Farm , I thank you so much for this award.
In fact, Grandpa, you bestowing me with this award was just the tonic I've needed. A tonic that made me realise, that despite some feelings of overwhelming depression lately, I have much to be grateful for.
2. Share a few things about yourself.
3. Pass the award onto some mighty fine bloggers.
4. Inform these mighty fine bloggers that they have received the award.
Just a look out my kitchen window, as the sun sets on an early February evening, fills me with wonder and makes me realise my life is good.
And late at night, as the moon glows through the kitchen window, I marvel and know my life is good.
And here are just a few more reasons why I think my life is good and thus, I will share them with you.
1. I have a roof over my head.
2. I live in a pleasant neighbourhood in a pleasant little English town.
3. I have a lovely little dog named Penny who provides me with unconditional love.
4. I have wonderful interaction with the great blogging community.
5. I have friends and family that love me and I love them.
Yes, my life is good. I see the pain and the suffering on our fragile planet and wish that all could have a life as good as mine. I see the lonely homeless man, lying in the alley and wish he could have a life as good as mine. I see the crying child, the desperately hungry and those who know nothing but war and I wish, yes I wish, they could have a life as good as mine. If only all man, all creatures great and small, could but have a life as good as mine.
And now, I forward the 'Life is good' award, to the following terrific bloggers.
1. dcrelief : This wonderful blogger, Dixie, writes stories of wonder, magic and inspiration. One of my favourite bloggers and I'm very grateful for all her support and encouragement.
2. Reverie Sanctuary : Shanaz, at this beautifully written site, with wonderful pictorials, is a superb blogger and a very nice lady.
3. anybody listening? : Yes we are. 'middle child', at this clever and thoughtful blog, is, if you have not already done so, well worth a visit and a good old read.
4. It's A Lollipop World : 'LilPixi' writes a great blog with loads of humour and you really should check her out. Besides, I know she just got the 'LOL' award and thus I wish to keep her busy :-)
5. Closing Pandora's Box : Nas, at this superbly well written and thought provoking blog with excellent prose, is a fantastic new discovery and very much worth a visit.
Thank you and may you have a good day.