Tuesday, 21 December 2010
The Dog And The Hedgehog.
Hi there, it's me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star. Klahanie, or as I call him, 'Gary', is allowing me to write this posting. He needs a short break before the silly old dude attempts to come up with some really clever Christmas posting. I've told him to take his time because, whenever I do a posting, the hits on this site, go through the 'ruff'. Maybe he should take a hint, 'Arf, arf!'
Do you like the title of my posting? I think it sounds like the name of some quaint British pub. Pictured with me is, 'Haiden' the hedgehog. Note how thrilled Haiden is to have his photo taken. I think Haiden is kinda' sleepy.
Actually, Haiden is so sleepy, that I've decided to snuggle up to him on the living room carpet. I feel so warm and cosy.
Enough of this. Enjoy your sleep, my little hedgehog friend. I'm off to the garden. My 'snow ploughing' talents are needed, again!
Gary has received another award. Yes indeed, he has been given 'The Versatile Blogger' award. However, the old dude has realised that I, Penny the Jack Russell, talented writer and 'pawblisher', was truly worthy of this award. Thus, he has bestowed this award upon me.
Misha at My First Book, originally passed this award onto Gary. Misha writes really neat stuff and she lives in South Africa. I have been told that is very far from England. I do so hope that you check out this marvellous blog.
So, in perhaps a rather unprecedented move I, Penny, will take over this award and adhere to the rules of receiving this award. First of all, I have to tell you seven things about me and then pass the award onto seven more bloggers. So, here goes....
1. I was born in early October in the year 2000.
2. Tristan, the son of Gary, chose me, just before Christmas, to come and live with them. Ever seen the eyes of a little boy light up with gleeful excitement?
3. I remember going for my first few walks. I was limping and in a lot of pain. Gary and Tristan took me to the vet's. The vet performed emergency surgery on me. I had a degenerative bone disease and all the bones in my back left leg, were shattered. The friendly vet removed the bone fragments and took out my back left leg, hip bone. Now that truly makes me 'one hip dog'. I'm okay now but I do occasionally limp. The vet says I'm just fine.
4. As a little puppy, I remember going for a walk with Tristan and instinctively pulling him back, with my teeth gently tugging the bottom of his trousers, from the edge of a hill. I worried about his safety. He was okay. Thank goodness.
5. I love to snuggle up to the central heating radiator.
6. I am a happy, loving and playful dog.
7. I have an award with my photo on it. It is named The Gold Framed Dog Blog Award and has, hopefully, spread peace and joy wherever it has landed, in the wonderful blogging community.
I now forward this award onto the following seven excellent bloggers.
1. fairyhedgehog : A beautifully written blog that clearly demonstrates the author's love of our wonderful creatures.
2. Ten lives and second chances : The ongoing stories of Charlie the cat and the human he lives with. A clever and witty read.
3. Basket of Dreams : Kamila, at this excellent blog, is embracing the possibilities of a more positive life.
4. love of the loveless : This transparent and thought provoking blog, is a new discovery. I highly recommend you check this honest and raw blog, out.
5. Bits of Paper and Glue : Lynne, the writer of this superbly written blog, writes with such beauty and honesty.
6. Inside the Chicken Coop : Diane, at this delightful site, writes about the wondrous adventures of her birds.
7. W.M. Morrell's Musings From Down Under : Wendy, a blogger who lives in New Zealand, is a brilliant writer and has been very supportive. I, Penny the Jack Russell, am very grateful.
Well, that's just about it. I note that, Haiden the hedgehog, is still asleep. So, I Penny the Jack Russell, on behalf of Haiden, wish you a peaceful and pawsitive Christmas. 'Arf, arf!'