Thursday, 4 November 2010
Me Funny? Now That's Funny.
Fred Flintstone meet Homer Simpson. 'Yabba dabba....doh!' Wahay and yay, I've received the above award. And to think I've received this award from someone who is one of my heroes. Almost as big a hero to me as the greatest 'off the wall' comedian, of all time, 'Humpty Dumpty'. Yes, I know, his comedy is fantastic, but he's been known to crack under pressure. And no, 'Humpty Dumpty' is not a euphemism for the euphemism 'one-night stand'.
Sam at Rot Du Jour, has considered my attempts at humour (or humor), to be worthy of 'The LOL Award'. Now after checking out what 'LOL' meant, I have discovered it means, 'Laugh out Loud' as opposed to 'LOQ', which means, 'Laugh Out Quiet'.
I wish to thank Sam, very much, for passing on this much cherished award to shy and unassuming me. In the fine tradition of such an award, I now pass it on to five very worthy recipients, who make me 'ROFL' whilst 'PMSL'!!
1. The Snee: 'The Sometimes, Never, Eventually Express', is a most hilarious outlook on our crazy world, the internet and a 'pumpkinhead full of treats'. If you like to have a good old chuckle, then this site is a highly recommended, must read. I shall sob, uncontrollably, if you don't check it out.
2. Psycho Carnival: Kelly, the blogger at this awesome sight writes some of the darned funniest stuff my lil' ol' eyes have even seen. His humour is of a rather adult nature and, if you are an adult, please check out this fun and varied site.
3. Nefertiti has her say: This funny and witty blog is a new and very pleasant discovery. I would urge you to go and have a good read and a good laugh at this terrific site.
4. Flieder Floxx: Brilliant, humorous and very clever, observational humour by this excellent blogger. A real good laugh and if you have not checked out Tracey's site yet, you must do so or I will be forced to scream out my window and startle my neighbours.
5. Lenny's World: Our young friend, Lenny, does a positive and fun-filled blog. Lenny likes a good laugh and his funny stuff makes me laugh. The title of his latest posting, says it all, '...how bout a laugh!'. If you have not already had the great pleasure of checking out Lenny's blog; you really should go and see what this inspirational young dude is all about.
So there you have it. Five fine fantastically fabulous fun-filled folks. Thanks again Sam, for considering my blog for such flattering recognition. It really is greatly appreciated. Heck, even the 'Aliens who hate clocks' aka 'Race against time', are thrilled for me. I'm just wondering if those folks who love to 'chase tornadoes' are having a 'whirlwind romance'.....